Wednesday, April 28, 2010

LOVE- Patti Smith!

To put in words how much I am intrigued by Patti Smith is really challenging to say the least. I guess that I would say that I am mystified by her; someone who fearlessly dares to be different. She inspires me in so many ways, from fashion to poetry always fresh, always reinventing herself.

 While moving I came across an Issue of LA Weekly that I had saved with a 3 page Article entitled "Dreams of Life and Death, Looking Back With Patti Smith" that chronicles parts of her new book "Just Kids" that is a memoir to her friend, lover and confidante Robert Maplethorpe. Needless to say, this book is on my list.

Here are some pics and some quotes from the article:


Patti and Robert


 "Harry(Smith) and Robert were the first people who had me sing to them, Harry would say something that would embarrass me then, but now I like it: 'You are quite the chanteuse' "








"I was a bad girl trying to be good and her was a good boy trying to be bad, he was an artist and he knew it"

The Rock Goddess



Words about being a music critic: "Criticism is kind of a funny word, because I never wrote anything bad, I only wrote about things that I liked. I thought that a critic was there to open people's eyes, not criticize."













"I have always studied classical literature, classical music. We were modern kids thrown into a modern era, but I was quite a romantic and Robert had a real sense of the importance of history. To  be a great artist, I believe, is to understand the importance of history and assimilate it but then do something new"











No comments:

Post a Comment