Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weekend Getaway: Joshua Tree & the wild wild west

This weekend I was lucky enough to get out of town for a few days. It was so nice to have a change of scenery and go somewhere that is so quiet and serene. I realized that I really love the desert, more specifically Joshua Tree. There is something that is majestic about those trees.

It doesn't surprise me that numerous famous bands have gone out there for inspiration. I suppose the most famous would be U2 since they named a complete album after this place but there have been tons more such as the Rolling Stones and Gram Parsons. I'm sure that there are far more bands that have used Joshua Tree's natural splendor as inspiration.

All of the vintage Stones photos are from one of my most favorite blogs of all time: Diet Coke and Sympathy which is dedicated mostly to the great Stones muses Anita Pallenberg and Marianne Faithful. Check it out!



Keith Richards in Joshua Tree



Joshua Tree in the Spring



Keith Richards photos via Diet Coke and Sympathy
Joshua Tree Photos Shot by me

No comments:

Post a Comment