Friday, September 11, 2009

Spring 2010: drawing Vintage Inspiration

Thinking about fashion week boggles my mind. We are entering fall right now and spring collections are being shown, it will be 6 or so months until spring collections actually get shown to the masses. Staying on top of what is going on in fashion is fun and a great inspiration for me when I go vintage shopping. New collections inspire me when I am creating, I love taking influence from the shapes and colors that I see in fashion.

Fashion week started yesterday and there are only a few collections out to choose from so I am going to show you all my favorite vintage inspired outfits.

Vintage Inspiration


Elle Tahari Spring 2010


Yay jumpsuit! Have I mentioned before that I am a huge fan of the jumpsuit? Of corse, the jumpsuit gets most of it's inspiration from the 80's.





Vena Cava Spring 2010


This outfit is so 90's with the corset top and body con fit. Love the paint splatters, also super 90's.







Prabal Gurung Spring 2010


I love this one! It reminds me of a cross between the 40's and the 80's. The 40's because of the polka dots and length of this dress; the 80's because of the big huge bow on the neck. Very cool mix!






Organic By John Patrick Spring 2010


This is like a 1940's sundress. It looks like a perfect and easy dress to throw on for spring. Love the lavender flowers on a white background.






Monique Lhuiller Spring 2010


This Dress is a modern version of the 70's disco dresses; the biggest difference is the length of the dress, it is much shorter. I love how the sleeves are loose and draped, a great reinterpretation of the disco dress.






Organic By John Patrick Spring 2010


Definitely draws from the 80's with the high waisted pants and the gold loose top that accentuates the shoulders. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment