Monday, July 27, 2009

Venice Beach Street Art




Living in LA is daunting at times. Ask anyone who lives here. Most are likely to say that they have a love/hate relationship with the city. One of the redeeming things about the city for me is the street art.

This weekend my friends and I went on a bike ride in Venice and found a little area where street art is celebrated. This area of Venice beach allows a street artist to tag whatever they want, all that is needed is a permit from the city. I really love this idea because I am a huge fan of graffiti and street art. This really lets the artist show off their talent and skill without them having to worry about getting in trouble. The results are really phenomenal!

Here are a few shots of the spot and the artists in action


No comments:

Post a Comment